If you only plan on diving in a group with a guide once or twice a year while on vacation then this course is for you.
Particularly if you only expect to go diving primarily in the company of a dive guide, or if you have limited time to earn the two weekend Open Water Diver certification.
Then this one-weekend life-time PADI certification is for you.
The PADI Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who's thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult.
Scuba Diver vs Open Water: In a nut shell, this PADI course is positioned as a convenient and time-efficient option for individuals who want to enjoy guided scuba diving experiences on vacation without the extended time commitment of a more comprehensive certification process. The Scuba Diver certification limits you to a maximum of 40ft of depth and you must dive with a guide, thus the nickname "Vacation Diver Certification". The other beginner option is call PADI Open Water Diver which can go slightly deeper (60ft recommended) and you can independently buddy dive without a guide. Go two-weekend PADI Open Water
Before your Saturday of pool training, you'll need to come pick up you rentals, homework and complete some paperwork. Note, If you have a medical condition, you'll need a doctors note before water-time.
Our Saturday pool training day will be 4-5 hours (usually starting around 10am) long so eat a big breakfast and be mentally prepared for a long day. Then the next day, we'll take what you've learned and apply your new skills in the ocean at Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (depending on weather), yes island ticket is included.
Total Commitment: One full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) approx 4 hours of homework before the weekend. Also, plan to come in to the dive center before the course for sizing, 2-3 days before is best.
When: Courses start every Saturday all year around.
1. Start by buying this course now and then come in to the dive center to pickup your study tools. One of our teammates will call you to verify your account.
2. Pickup your rental gear & purchase your personal items at the shop (mask, snorkel, fins, booties and gloves)
3. Saturday is pool practice & homework review (7hr day)
4. Sunday is a trip to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (10hr day)
During the course we'll cover your home-study material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying neutral underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you're likely to encounter.
- Preventing problems underwater.
- Proper dive etiquette.
- Diving from boats.
Saturday 1: Pool training and academic review (pack food & water).
Sunday 1: Ocean Training Day - Full day to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (pack food & water).
- PADI Scuba Diver manual and video session.
- PADI Scuba Diver lifetime digital certification.
- All Scuba rental gear.
- Homework review session, pool and ocean sessions with fun instructor.
- Island ticket to Catalina or Anacapa Island (full day).
- Discounts all year around as alumni.
- PADI digital logbook app.
- Invitations to our group Tropical Dive Adventures.
1. No difficult beach dives during training, it's all beautiful clear water island diving.
2. Quality instruction by hand picked professionals.
3. Top quality rental equipment for training.
4. Most popular and active dive community.
5. 19 years in business with great reputation.
6. Friendly, fun & professional instructors, crew, life-guards and assistants.
7. We won't drive you crazy with hidden fees and not disclose true costs, like like our competition does thru Groupon.
8. We don't make you spend the night on the island like our competition does.
Note: For both days bring food, water, sunscreen, a towel, and for Sunday bring a warm-wind-breaker jacket.
This entire course is FREE with purchase of Head-to-Toe Scuba Diving System